Employment & Human Services now has its District Office lobbies open to community members. We are ready to help by delivering quality services to support, protect, and empower you and your family.
- CalFresh - Food assistance, CalFresh Emergency Allotments
- CalWORKs – Supportive services for families with children under 19
- Medi-Cal – Health benefits
To apply or renew benefits, visit BenefitsCal.com.
You may also upload documents, report changes, and check eligibility, case status or benefits balance.
By phone: call (866) 663-3225
Visit our Help page for more information about CalFresh, CalWORKs, Medi-Cal and other benefits.
- East County, 4545 Delta Fair Boulevard, Antioch, CA 94509
- Central County, 400 Ellinwood Way, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
- West County, 1305 Macdonald Avenue, Richmond, CA 94801
Child and Adult Protection
- Report child abuse - Call 24-hour hotline (877) 881-1116
- Report adult abuse - Call (877) 839-4347 or (925) 602-4179
Seniors and Disabled
- Information and Assistance (I&A) Helpline - (800) 510-2020 or (925) 229-8434 (cell or outside County callers) or (925) 602-4198 (hearing impaired)
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) - (925) 229-8434
- IHSS Public Authority - (925) 363-6690 or (800) 333-1081
Child Protective Services
We are continuing to work with Juvenile Court for urgent activities, monitoring foster children in placement and, under court jurisdiction, providing resources to help families to reunify, assessing relatives for emergency foster placements, and providing services that maintain the safety and well-being of foster children.
Emergency Relief Fund
One-time financial assistance to residents facing a crisis or shortfall due to job or wage loss because of COVID-19.
Call Season of Sharing Hotline (925) 655-1205 for pre-screening of eligibility and application assistance.
Social Services Rapid Response TeamSocial service support and coordination for individuals and families impacted by COVID-19. For more information [email protected].
Small Business Call CenterWorkforce Development Board COVID-19 Call Center to help local businesses and workers impacted by the pandemic.
For information and resources:
Human Resources Hotline for EmployersWorkforce Development Board hotline for guidance on California labor laws, hiring/firing processes, paid sick leave & FMLA, overtime, employee handbooks, remote workers, harassment prevention, etc. Call (888) 599-7645, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)Energy bill assistance for people whose income is below 100% of Federal Poverty guidelines. Call (925) 681-6380 or visit the LIHEAP page.
Food AssistanceThe Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano - Call 855-309-3663.
Contra Costa County COVID-19 Food Distribution Mapping Tool
Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano FAQs
School Meal Sites for a list of available school meal sites.
Food Bank COVID-19 Response