The chart below is effective 10/1/2020 for the Thrifty Food Plan maximum allotment amounts based on household size.
|Household Size||Thrifty Food Plan|
|Each additional member||+$153|
As of February 1, 2011 your resources (bank accounts, cash on hand, etc.) are not considered in the eligibility determination. The resources of a household are only looked at when screening for emergency appointments and /or when a household exceeds the gross income limit for their household size. Resource limits are $2,250 or $3,500 if the household has an elderly and/or disabled member.
Household gross monthly income (prior to deductions) cannot exceed 200 percent of the Federal poverty guidelines. For a household of three, this is $3620. A household’s net monthly income cannot exceed 100 percent of the Federal poverty guidelines. For a household of three, this is $1,810.
- Complete an online application from any computer 24 hours 7 days a week.
- Fax a completed application to (925) 228-0310
- Mail a completed application to any district office listed below.
Download a CalFresh Application: ENG | ESP
- Visit any of our 5 district office locations:
|East County||Central County||West County|
|4545 Delta Fair Boulevard
|400 Ellinwood Way
|151 Linus Pauling Drive
|151 Sand Creek Road
|1305 Macdonald Avenue
|All office hours:||8:00AM – 5:00PM||Monday – Friday|
*Minimum requirements to file a CalFresh application:
- Applicant’s name and
- Household’s address (unless homeless), and
- Signature of head of household, any adult household member or an authorized representative, or responsible minor.
For questions and assistance, please call the 24 hour toll free automated information line: