The Contra Costa County In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority is a public agency whose general purpose is to improve the IHSS program for IHSS consumers and workers.
Public Authority services include:
- Recruiting and screening independent providers
- Maintaining a registry of providers
- Referring providers to IHSS consumers
- Training and educational opportunities for IHSS consumers and providers
- Support services for consumers and providers
The Board of Supervisors created the IHSS Public Authority Registry to assist IHSS consumers with finding home care providers and also assist home care providers to find work.
The Registry recruits, interviews, screens, and keeps a listing of home care providers in a database. When an IHSS consumer requests help, the Registry searches the database to produce a list of home care providers who match the service needs and preferences of the caller. The lists are sent to consumers who interview and hire the providers.
In addition, the Registry provides information and assistance to consumers and providers on the IHSS program, how the IHSS system functions, plus:
- How to become an IHSS provider
- How to hire a provider
- Rights and responsibilities of consumers and providers
- How to schedule providers
The Registry is a no-cost referral service. If you are enrolled in the In-Home Supportive Services program and want help in finding a provider, call Registry Staff at (800) 333-1081.
IHSS Public Authority Advisory Committee
The IHSS Public Authority has an Advisory Committee whose membership is composed of individuals who are current or past users of personal assistance services paid for through public or private funds and professional representatives from the Community.