May is National Foster Care Month. Make a change in a child’s life and your own by providing a safe, nurturing home as a Resource Parent/Family for a child or teen. Visit Become a Foster Parent to learn more about attending a foster care orientation session.
- In Contra Costa County there are 377 children and youth currently in foster care placement.
- Contra Costa County has an ongoing need for Resource Families who can provide safe environments, support reunification efforts, and help strengthen child and family well-being. We especially need families who can help prepare teenagers for the transition into adult life, and offer critical support during a time when foster youth may experience heightened risk factors such as education challenges, poverty, and homelessness.
- Relative, non-relative, foster and adoptive families, who open their homes and hearts to care for children whose families are in crisis, play a vital role in keeping children safe and healthy within their community.
Interested in becoming a Resource Parent? Attend one of our upcoming orientations:
- English: May 18, June 1, June 15 (4-6 pm)
- Spanish: May 11, June 8 (2-4 pm)
Register by calling (925) 655-4230 or emailing [email protected]
EHSD foster care page – https://ehsd.org/children/foster-care-and-licensing/become-a-foster/